- To assist the autonomous universities (AUs) in the preparation of various planning documents, e.g. budget
- To coordinate the autonomous universities (AUs)in defining longer-term strategic plans of initiatives
- To prepare the budget proposal to be submitted to the National Government consistent with the plans formulated by the autonomous universities and units/offices attached to the Office of the President
- To work for the release of funds to the University by the National Government
- To assist in the preparation of the Internal Operating Budget for BOR approval consistent with plans formulated by the AUs and other units.
- To serve as Chair of the finance Committee. The Finance Committee shall have the following functions:
- Formulate policies for allocation of funds to AUs that are generated from the national government, from income and from other sources
- To formulate and recommend policies for re-programming of savings of AUs.
- To formulate and recommend policies regarding student’s fees.
- To monitor and coordinate budget activities of all autonomous universities.
Treasury and Cash Management
- To supervise the Cashier’s Office in their performance of Cash Operations
- To serve as Chair of the Income and Investment Committee
- To perform portfolio management functions for system funds
- To supervise the system accounting office in their performance of financial accounting function.
- To supervise the accounting office ‘in their performance of Management Accounting function.
- To develop and maintain the internal control system of the university.
- To develop, maintain and regularly review a system-wide database for planning.
Document for Process_OVPPF